Of the eight states with no income tax, Texas is the second highest in property taxes. Now is the time for my voice to be heard in stopping the burden of Property Tax Abuse in the leadership of the Texas Legislature. This House of Representatives needs education and property tax reform to be its priority once and for all.
For too long politicians and elected officials have wasted time in Austin talking about problems rather than finding solutions. Our schools and our homes are our future.
NOW is the time in Texas to succeed in securing both for our families forever.
- Son of an immigrant, fifth of seven children
- Bexar County, Born, Raised, and Educated
- Central Catholic, St. Mary's, UTSA
- CPA / Real Estate Broker / Tax Consultant
- Christian Chamber President / Board Member
- ACTS Brother / Rotary Club - Paul Harris Fellow
- "Taxes, Teachers, and Texas"
- Reforming and reducing property taxes
- Protecting Property Owners from Annexation
- Restoring respect for seniors
- Funding Public Education FAIRLY AND EFFICIENTLY
“I come from a family that has been involved in education, homes and taxes for as long as I can remember. I want to improve education for all and protect home ownership for a lifetime. We need to support teachers, reduce taxes, and make living a lifetime a life worth living. Government and business can best exist when faith and family are prioritized with respect. With a life of serving people of business, government and ministry, I am uniquely blessed to lead the Texas Legislature to make Texas Better than the best.”Michael Berlanga, CPA
TEACHERS AND EDUCATION
PROPERTY TAX AND PUBLIC SCHOOL FINANCE REFORM
ANNEXATION AND TRANSPORTATION
LEADERSHIP IN THE LEGISLATURE
TIMETo Meet and Greet
Michael's personal story will inform, entertain and inspire your audience to share their concerns and promote change with common sense solutions for the benefit of all.